Batman: Arkham City
FREE Delivery | In Stock | Click & Collect
Usually dispatched within 24 hours
The Dark Knight Returns. Batman is back in the sequel to one of the best superhero games ever made, Arkham Asylum. While the latest entry still carries 'Arkham' in the title, you can tell that things have gotten more epic with it getting the moniker 'Arkham City'.
Since the events of the last game, Mayor Quincy Sharp (who you might remember as the warden of the Asylum) has bought up a massive chunk of real estate, walled it off and shoved all the inmates of Arkham Asylum and Blackgate prison in there to do as they will. With Hugo Strange in charge of this little slice of dystopia, however, you can take it as a given that this new chapter in Arkham's history is not going to be a happy one for Gotham.
As with Arkham Asylum, the emphasis is on giving players the most authentic Batman experience possible. Combat is once again about timing and flow, rather than stringing together lots of combos, and it's a system that works well. More importantly, the stealth components are back, so taking on enemies with guns means finding the high ground and using your detective vision to plan strategies and get sneaky.
The biggest addition to the game is in the scale. The playable area is five times the size of that in Arkham Asylum. While large sections of the game still take place inside Gotham's creepy gothic buildings, there's also more of an open-world feel as you navigate Arkham City.
Another notable change is the inclusion of Catwoman as a playable character. Players can follow her parallel storyline as the game cuts between her and Batman. She comes complete with her own set of moves and her own missions and challenges.
Things are getting worse and Gotham needs a hero. Time to take on the mantle of the bat!
Released to Buy:
21 October 2011
Customers Who Bought This Also Bought...
Developed by Rocksteady Studios, Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City, the new maximum security “home” for all of Gotham City’s thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.
· Become the Dark Knight – Batman: Arkham City delivers a genuinely authentic Batman experience with advanced, compelling gameplay on every level: high-impact street brawls, nail-biting stealth, multifaceted forensic investigation, epic super-villain encounters and unexpected glimpses into Batman’s tortured psychology.
· Advanced FreeFlow Combat – Batman faces highly coordinated, simultaneous attacks from every direction as Arkham’s gangs bring heavy weapons and all-new AI to the fight, but Batman steps it up with twice the number of combat animations and double the range of attacks, counters and takedowns.
· New Gadgets – Batman has access to new gadgets such as the Cryptographic Sequencer V2 and Smoke Pellets, as well as new functionality for existing gadgets that expand the range of Batman’s abilities without adding extra weight to his Utility Belt.
· New Story – Five-time Emmy-Award-winner Paul Dini returns to pen a brand-new story for Batman: Arkham City, taking gamers deep inside the diseased heart of Gotham.
· Arkham Has Moved – Following the closure of Arkham Asylum and Blackgate prison, Gotham’s new mayor, Quincy Sharp ordered the relocation of all inmates to Arkham City - a sprawling new super-prison five times bigger than Arkham Island, enclosing a wide variety of industrial districts, iconic locations and Gotham landmarks.
· Huge Cast of Characters – Players encounter numerous characters from the Batman universe, including Catwoman, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, Hugo Strange, Victor Zsasz, Calendar Man, The Joker, The Riddler and other iconic characters yet to be revealed.
· Featured VO Talent – Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy reprise their roles as The Joker and Batman respectively.
You can find this and other similar products in these themed collections: